Effective July 1, 2007 Medford Electric Utility became a program member of Focus on Energy, Wisconsin's statewide program for energy efficiency and renewable energy.
Medford Electric will participate in the Business, Residential and Renewable Energy offerings under the Focus on Energy umbrella. The benefits of participating include:
- Business programs that help manufacturers, commercial businesses, farmers, schools and local governments reduce operating costs, increase their bottom line and improve productivity and employee and customer comfort. The programs offer technical expertise, training and financial incentives to help implement innovative energy management projects.
- Wisconsin ENERGY STAR Homes, Home Performance with ENERGY STAR and Apartment & Condo Efficiency Services Programs that encompass new and existing homes, multi-family construction and remodeling projects for all types of residential dwellings. These programs help homeowners and landlords integrate energy improvements into their remodeling projects, as well as deliver newly-built homes, apartments and condominiums that are comfortable, safe, durable and energy efficient.
- Lighting and appliance programs that increase the availability of ENERGY STAR qualified products ranging from clothes washers to compact fluorescent light bulbs to heating and cooling equipment. These efforts deliver lower energy bills for residents and businesses and increased sales for retailers and contractors.
- Renewable Energy Programs that help residents and businesses harness energy from sunlight, wind and organic materials.
- Low Income Programs and Services that reduce energy bills while increasing comfort and safety.
For more information about Focus on Energy and its energy savings programs, call:
About Focus on Energy
Focus on Energy works with eligible Wisconsin residents to install cost effective energy efficiency and renewable energy projects. Focus information, resources and financial incentives help to implement projects that otherwise would not get completed, or to complete projects sooner than scheduled. Its efforts help Wisconsin residents and businesses manage rising energy costs, promote in-state economic development, protect our environment and control the State's growing demand for electricity and natural gas.