Election Dates for 2024
- Spring & Presidential Preference - April 2, 2024
- Partisan Primary - August 13, 2024
- General Election - November 5, 2024
Polling Location & Hours
Polls in the City of Medford are open from 7 AM to 8 PM on Election Day.
All City residents vote at 639 South Second Street, Medford, WI in the Electric Utility Garage.
Parking is located in the rear of the building. Accessible parking is provided by the garage doors.
Register to Vote
Any qualified elector who is unable or unwilling to appear at the polling place on Election Day may submit a request to vote an absentee ballot to their municipal clerk. A qualified elector is any U.S. citizen, who will be 18 years of age or older on Election Day, who has resided in the ward or municipality where he or she wishes to vote for at least 28 consecutive days before the election. The elector must also be registered in order to receive an absentee ballot. Proof of identification must be provided before an absentee ballot may be issued.
- Absentee Voting Online Request and Information - Click here
- Fill-in Absentee Ballot Application - Click here
Contact your municipal clerk and request that an application for an absentee ballot be sent to you. You may also submit a written request in the form of a letter or apply for an absentee ballot online at MyVote.wi.gov. Your written request must list your voting address within the municipality where you wish to vote, the address where the absentee ballot should be sent, if different, your signature and a copy of an acceptable form of photo ID.
Absentee ballot request must be made each calendar year, they are only good for the specific year.
Indefinitely Confined Voting Locations link contains the locations of where Special Voting Deputies administer voting for those who are indefinitely confined in and reside in those locations.
Indefinitely Confined Absentee Voting
The list below shows locations of where Special Voting Deputies may administer voting for those who are indefinitely confined residing in the facility who are registered to vote and have an absentee request on file.
- Aspirus Care & Rehab - 135 South Gibson Street
- Aspirus Country Gardens - 635 West Cedar Street
- Our House Assisted Living - 1014 West Broadway
Dates and times of voting at the facility will be posted.
**Special Voting Deputies do not always visit the facilities on each election. In order for this type of voting to take place there must be at least five (5) registered voters at the location with one (1) absentee request on file.**
You May Vote If:
- You are a United States citizen
- You are 18 years old
- You have lived in the City of Medford 28 days before the election date
- You are registered to vote or are planning to register on election day
You May NOT Vote If:
- You have voted in this election already
- You are still required to report to a probation or parole officer because of a felony conviction
- You have been ruled incapable of voting by a judge
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT THE CITY CLERKS OFFICE AT (715) 748-1181.